We are home! No matter how great a trip is, coming back home is the best part, although I must admit the first day feels a bit like a mild hangover. But, the blogging year could not start on a better note: just before we left for our (wonderful) trip, Sharyn, from The Kale Chronicles presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award! Who doesn’t like a little praise every once in a while? Feels good…
Part of the deal of the Versatile Blogger Award is to say 7 things about yourself, so here it goes:
1. I was a premature baby, stayed in the hospital for 40 days inside an incubator, but for the first few days they kept me together with a Chinese-Brazilian baby, so that his body heat would keep me warmer. I’ve always wondered who this baby was, and where he is now, as in some way he helped me survive. Could that explain my passion for all things Chinese?
2. Every year I buy one of these calendars and use it to log my exercises. I’ve kept my exercise records since January 1998, and each month for the past 15 years I strive to exercise more than 50% of the days.
3. I am a compulsive list-maker, not only because they make me more efficient, but because I have a thrill when all items are checked-off.
4. I love to dance, and we started 2012 dancing our hearts out at a party in Maui. Phil is the first partner I have who also likes to dance, until dating him, I was always by myself on the dance floor.
5. My favorite animal is the elephant. They are amazing creatures.
6. My weaknesses: cookbooks, earrings, and black dresses. Cannot seem to have enough of them.
7. I am the personification of a honey badger in the golf course. All it takes is two bad shots in a row. Corollarium: Phil is a saint.
The award also requires that you nominate 15 other bloggers… Well, I am bailing out of that part, and instead I invite any blogger who would like to reveal 7 things about him/herself, to do so.
Thanks, Sharyn! It was fun to think about what to “reveal” here… 😉