If you don’t, perhaps you should start. My life got a lot easier ever since I joined “Eat Your Books.” Would that be good for you? Let’s go over a few simple questions.
1. Do you have more than 50 cookbooks?
2. Do you subscribe to food magazines such as Fine Cooking, Food and Wine, Gourmet?
3. Do you download recipes from some of the very popular food blogs around?(Smitten Kitchen, Simply Recipes, many others available too)
4. Do you often remember a particular recipe, can even visualize the page in your mind, but are absolutely unable to remember where the heck is it?
5. Is this situation familiar to you? Your partner / roommate / parents / siblings know it’s better to leave you alone when you are sitting on a sofa with 12 cookbooks open around, and a very distressed look on your face. You need that recipe, and you will find it, at all costs.😉
If you answered yes to at least 3 out of the 5 questions, you need to start eating your books. I am sure glad I do! Once you add all the cookbooks and magazines you own to your “bookshelf”, you can search recipes by ingredients, type of cuisine, author, anything you remember about it. Adding cookbooks is very easy using the database available in the website. It is just a matter of clicking on the cookbooks you own, and they end on your virtual bookshelf, ready to be searched. No, I do not own stock in the company, and was not contacted to write a review. I just find it a great tool for cookbook addicts, and maybe some of my readers will benefit from it. ;-)
And this, my friends, is my first post composed in the iPad! It took me a ridiculously long time to do it, but I am having fun with My Preciousss…
ONE YEAR AGO: Into the Light
TWO YEARS AGO: Dinner in a hurry